The correct use: 2K-lacquer
You will need:
- two-component-lacquer (contains the master lacquer incl. hardener)
- possibly masking tape to mask off the areas not to be coated
- paint roller or brush
- if necessary, a dilution (this can also be used afterwards for cleaning the device)
1) The application and especially the drying of two component paint should not take place at temperatures below 10°C. This specification refers to the painting, substrate and room temperature during application and the subsequent drying and curing time of five days. Too low temperatures could lead to drying issues, as the necessary chemical reaction cannot take place.
2) Dust and dirt should be removed.
3) Use paint masking tape to cover the areas around the surfaces that are not to be coated (also silicone!).
4) Clean, decalcify and degrease the surface thoroughly and then rinse it with water. Important: do not use soap-based cleaners or scouring milk (these are made from fatty acids and are therefore not suitable for dissolving grease).
1) The two components, i.e. paint and hardener, are mixed together in a ratio of 5:1 (by weight) directly before processing. This means that you weigh five parts of varnish and one part of hardener and mix them together. Determine how much varnish you need for one work step. Now take a scale, place an empty can on it and then fill it with e.g. 500 grams of varnish and then add 100 grams of hardener. Stir this mixture well for at least one minute.
2) The processing time for our two component lacquers is around four to five hours. In addition to the pot life (the time between mixing the paint and the end of the application), there is also a processing time in which optimal processing is possible. After this time, the processability and the coating result deteriorates, even if the coating is still liquid and no change is visible. For this reason, please only mix as much paint as you need in one operation.
3) Now paint the substrate. We recommend two thin coats of paint to obtain an optimum result.
4) After about 60 minutes the paint is dust-dry. After twelve hours you can easily remove the masking tape.